Where Innovation Thrives
Discovery Park District is located immediately west of the Purdue University campus, stretching just east of US 231. Approximately two hours south of Chicago and one hour north of Indianapolis, Discovery Park District offers creators, entrepreneurs, private industry, faculty, students and the community at large a center of innovation and growth that’s just a short drive from everywhere.
Want another reason to invest in Discovery Park District? The District Core at Discovery Park District is a qualified Opportunity Zone. A collaborative effort by the City of West Lafayette and Governor Holcomb in the summer of 2018 identified this area as a perfect fit for this designation.
• Investment opportunities through Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds in real estate development and operating businesses located within the Opportunity Zone
• Funding opportunities through Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds for eligible startups and existing companies operating within an Opportunity Zone
• For the Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund investor (under currently proposed IRS rules):
• Deferral of taxable gains on invested dollars
• Step-up in basis for gains re-invested in Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds
• Exclusion of long-term gains